Every now and then, we get a designer crush so big we have to shout it from the roof tops, or in this case from our blog. And recently we have had a major designer crush on Clara Sunwoo.
We could write an essay about how much we adore the sensual yet practical fit of their looks or pull together a bulleted list of all the celebs who adore Clara Sunwoo. Kathie Lee Giffords even says, "Clara Sunwoo is my favorite designer." But instead we'll give you our condensed skinny on what makes Clara Sunwoo one of our faves.
1. The Story: Clara moved to the United States from South Korea forty years ago with two suitcases and $1,000. She started working in a sewing factory and used her new-found skills to stitch together her family's wardrobe on a budget. After getting so many compliments on the stylish looks, Clara and daughter Roseann decided to launch a clothing line in 1997. It was an instant hit and the pair has been designing ever since.
2. It Is A Mother/Daughter Team: Clara and daughter Roseann have designed together since the company's launch. This unique partnership lends the brand an incredible generational appeal. Roseann says, "Clara Sunwoo brand brings out the sexuality in women but at the same time brings the dualities of classic and timeless plus conservative, but bold, & edgy and unique." So no matter your age, you'll find pieces to love.
3. "Feel like a woman should...": This is Clara Sunwoo's tagline and it couldn't be more true. This line is made for real women because it is designed by real women. The pieces revamp your wardrobe with classic style & modern edge, are tailored to drape softly with precision, stand out in custom prints and are made to travel anywhere. You'll feel beautiful, powerful, sensual, classic and unstoppable, like you should.
4. This Stuff Fits: Clara Sunwoo pieces are meant to be lived in. Using soft stretch knit fabric technology each piece falls into your natural shape creating a comfortable and flattering silhouette. Even better, the designs are washable and wrinkle-resistant, AKA the perfect travel companions. From length to shoulder circumference, Clara Sunwoo is tuned into all of the details.
5. Made in The USA: Clara Sunwoo pieces are all drawn & designed right in the duo's New York studio and then made in the USA. You can shop guilt-free knowing that all pieces are ethically, and beautifully, made right in our backyard. The pair is even loyal to old-school design techniques and even hand sketch and measure all of their pieces.
So in short we have a crush on the clothes, the brand, the designers, and the way we feel when they dress us.