It is time to pamper yourself. We know it can be hard to do when you have a million of other things to worry about and a million people who command your attention, but just for one night, make it about you and only you.
A fancy spa experience doesn't have to take you out of the country or cost thousands of dollars. It can be as cheap as $5 and done right in the cozy comfort of your own bathroom. Some of our favorite spa secrets are quick, easy and will leave you glowing inside and out.
Set the Mood
Minor changes here go a long way. Dim the lights or take it all the way down and add candles. Put your phone on Do Not Disturb and play a relaxing playlist. Clear ALL of the clutter out of your bathroom before you start and set out some freshly washed towels (your fluffiest!).
Start by cleaning your face naturally with a honey face wash. Raw honey has many enzymes and GOOD bacteria that purify skin while retaining moisture. It smells good of course too. Bath & Body company Camille Beckman, a Judee's holiday favorite, gives these steps:
- Splash face with warm water
- Place a small amount of raw, organic honey in your hands (no more than a teaspoon) and rub together.
- Massage the honey into skin using tight, circular motions
- Wash immediately or wait 10-15 minutes for a deeper cleanse
- Rinse with warm water and pat, DON'T RUB, face dry.
Next apply a homemade facial mask for brighter, tighter skin. One of our favs is an Organic Banana Mask:
Mash one half organic banana
Mix in a tablespoon of orange juice and a tablespoon of honey
Add 1/4 cup of plain yogurt
Apply to the face for fifteen minutes before rinsing
While your organic banana mask is sitting, take time for your feet. Feet can be our peskiest foe and we treat them as such, but happy, smooth feet will make for a happier you.
1. Mix together:
- 1 cup epsom salt (sugar works too)
- ¼ cup olive, baby or coconut oil
- 10 - 15 drops preferred essential oil: we love lemon, peppermint or lavender
- If the mixture feels too rough just add 1 teaspoon liquid castille soap
2. Rub all over feet in circular motions
3. Rinse with warm water
4. If you feet are especially pesky, buff with a pumice stone
Now that your feet are smooth and your skin is glowing, dip into your warm bath. This is where you can get creative. We always recommend adding epsom salt for their detoxifying properties, but otherwise the bath is your oyster. Throw in bath salts, oils, bubbles baths, bath bombs, etc. and soak.
When you are done unwinding, dry off and rub a luxurious cream into your healed skin. Be sure to look out for Camille Beckman bath & body products at Judee's (coming soon!)