"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." Marcus Aurelius
Some people consider morning time the worst time. But we believe morning time can always be the best time. It's a fresh start, a new beginning full of opportunity and promise. Don't consider yourself a morning person? Don't worry, we've rounded up some our favorite tried and true tips and rituals for your best morning ever.
- Sip some tea: Right when you wake up make yourself a cup of warm water with lemon. Celebrities do it. Doctors recommend it. And you will love it. The soothing ritual not only slowly wakes you up with a refreshing zing, but the list of health benefits of this drink stretch on and on including help with digestion, inflammation and metabolism. Check out some variations on the recipe.
- Reach for That Planner: And step away from technology. Before you touch your phone, your laptop or the remote, grab your planner and write down your top three tasks of the day and a corresponding plan of action. Feeling bold? Choose which one of the tasks is the peskiest and tackle it right then and there that way you will avoid the nagging stress all day.
- Take Action: Feeling bold? Choose which one of the tasks is the peskiest and tackle it right then and there. The little extra work in the morning will prevent that all-day dread. So goodbye to thankless procrastination.
- Stretch & Soothe: Take a last gulp of your tea before you dive into a morning mantra and stretch. Do some morning stretches or morning yoga, like the video below, to instantly feel more grounded and positive. Plus you'll be limber for the start and not have to worry about that morning stiffness.
5. (Cold) Shower Time: Just trust us on this one. Research shows that taking a freezing cold shower in the morning has some major mental health benefits. The first reason is psychological: after you endure a freezing cold morning shower, anything else in your day is sunny and bright. You'll be emotionally resilient and ready to go. The second reason, or should we say reasons, is physical: it refines skin and hair, improves circulation, soothes soreness and more and more and more.