New Years is just around the corner and has us thinking of all our 2017 style resolutions. Whether your style is shy or bold, don't be scared to shake it up and try something new in 2017.
1. We resolve to get dressed up every day: Style has a way of affecting your entire mood and energy. If you dress up, your energy will be up. Don't get lazy and take the time to put your best face forward every single day. You owe it to yourself.
2. We resolve to not get stuck in a rut: We want to assess our closets, get rid of all the pieces we don't love, celebrate the pieces we adore and fill in the gaps with smart purchases. Don't shop blindly and don't get stuck in a rut. Find the wardrobe of your dream.
3. We resolve to try something new every season: We will never be a slave to trends, but there is something to be said for trying one new style or piece each season. We bet that you can afford to step outside of your comfort zone four times a year, and we bet you'll find something new to love. We are eyeing all velvet for winter.
4. We resolve to take care of our clothes: Stop leaving clothes on the floor, stuffing drawers haphazardly, using broken hangers, never cleaning shoes. Take a little extra time to care for your clothes and show them appreciation for all that they do for you. We'll bet you that you'll stand a little taller and your clothes will last a little longer.
5. We resolve to follow our own rules: Listen to your own style heartbeat. Sure we can keep up-to-date on trends and fashion news, but remember there are no rules when it comes to personal style and this year we'll go all out. Get that crazy haircut. Wear all black every single day. Do whatever suits you and never apologize.